Product Application in 4 Easy Steps
20kg bag requires 11 litres of water.
Always apply 2 coats minimum.
Allow approximately 45 mins setting time per coat.
Use a clean trowel to close and smooth off the surface of the plaster.
Detailed Product Mixing and Application
A sample trial should be carried out prior to application to ensure substrate is compatible.
Always wear the necessary personal protection equipment when mixing and applying Breathaplasta. Only apply in temperatures between 5°C and 30°C
• Add 1 bag of Breathaplasta to approx. 11 litres of clean water and mix for 60 seconds. Ensure all dry powder is thoroughly mixed in.
• Final mix should be creamy in texture with no lumps. Mix can be applied immediately.
• Apply an even base coat of Breathaplasta using standard plastering tools and techniques. Do not smooth plaster at this stage.
• Mesh - if required, apply mesh at this stage by flattening into the base coat. Note: mesh not normally required for plasterboard and non-board surfaces.
• Leave the base coat to set and firm for a minimum of 45 minutes.
• For boards Evenly apply a second coat. This is the finishing coat. Trowel plaster to a flat and smooth finish.
• For other surfaces For multiple coat applications, a total thickness of up to 50mm can be achieved.
• Additional coats can be applied at a maximum of 10mm thickness per coat. For best results, leave 24 hours between each coat to let plaster set and allow moisture to escape.
• Evenly apply finishing coat. Trowel plaster to a flat and smooth finish.
• Leave the finishing coat to set and firm, but not fully harden. This will be approx. 45 mins.
• To finish Breathaplasta, glide a clean trowel over the surface of the top coat to flatten and smooth to desired finish.