Fiddes Hard Wax Oil is a very versatile finishing oil, perfect for use on wooden floors, doors, kitchen surfaces, children's toys, skirting, furniture and unsealed tiles.
- A premium hard wax oil for interior wood flooring and surfaces
- Offers exceptional durability
- Quick drying and water repellent
- Does not peel or flake
- Scratches are repaired very easily if required
- Offers a clear "wet look" finish
- Made from a blend of natural oil and waxes
Up to 24m2 per litre
No. of Coats
Ensure that surfaces to be treated are clean dry and free from any previous finishes before applying Hard Wax Oil. If required, sand the wood surfaces with 150 grade sandpaper or finer, then remove any residual dust.
Always do a small test area before beginning any project and follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. No thinner or primer is required. Stir thoroughly before and during application.
Fiddes Hard Wax Oil can be applied directly from the tin onto a prepared surface with a good quality paint brush, cloth, microfibre roller or floor finish applicator. It is ideally applied in a well ventilated area at room temperature. For best results and maximum protection, we recommend 2 coats on hard woods such as oak, and 3 coats on soft woods such as pine but a test area needs to be done to ensure the wood can accept the 3rd coat.
- Apply thinly and evenly, working the hardwax oil into the wood following the direction of the grain
- Remove any excess hard wax oil immediately with a soft, lint-free cloth
- Leave to dry 4-6 hours in warm, dry, well ventilated conditions
- Once the first coat has dried, apply another coat of hard wax oil, again thinly and evenly
- Leave to dry for 4-6 hours or preferably over night
- When the surface area is completely dry, a light buff will further enhance the sheen level