A water-based, oil and acrylic free medium perfect for creating a textured crackle effect on painted furniture. Use in between two contrasting paint colours for the ultimate crackle look.
- Oil and acrylic free formulation
- Easy to apply
- Cracks should appear after a few minutes
- Crackle effect can be enhanced with heat
- Finish with Earthborn Furniture Glaze or Furniture Wax
One of our favourite effects uses Earthborn Eco Chic Claypaint for furniture and Crackle to create a unique crackled effect.
This look isn’t just for rustic or distressed styles of furniture painting – you can achieve a thoroughly modern feel on any type of furniture or even as artwork.
Just follow these simple steps:
- 1. Pick two Eco Chic colours – contrasting shades work best and we especially love the monochrome look.
- 2. After preparing your piece, apply your chosen base coat of paint. This will be the colour that shows through the crackles.
- 3. Next apply a coat of Earthborn Crackle – a clear glaze that’s best applied in smooth consistent brushstrokes. Load the brush well and take care not to ‘over brush’ in areas you’ve already applied it, as this can affect the finished result.
- 4. When the Crackle is just dry, apply a final coat of Earthborn Eco Chic in your main paint colour. As before, this is best applied in smooth brushstrokes to give the best crackled effect. For large cracks, apply a thick top coat of paint, or for finer cracks apply a thin layer.
- 5. Once dry, finish with a coat of either Earthborn clear Furniture Glaze – a strong protective glaze that will create a harder wearing finish, or clear Furniture Wax for a soft sheen and added protection.