How is non hydraulic lime plaster made?
Our non hydraulic medium stuff lime plaster is made on site using our CHALK LIME PUTTY and a blend of GRIT SAND and WAREHAM WASHED SAND. It is supplied as a ready mix, meaning it is easy to use straight from the bag. Available in chalk white or oatmeal.
- Easy to use straight from the bag.
- Ideal for second coats of internal lime plasters.
- It can also be used for the final coat if a more textured look is required.
- Excellent as an exterior lime render or as a mortar for thin joints
- Available in 25kg bags. Or for larger orders, choose a half tonne bag, a tonne bag or a full pallet of 25kg bags.
What is non hydraulic lime?
Non hydraulic lime is lime in its purest form. It sets in contact with air through a process of carbonation. The slow setting process means non hydraulic lime remains softer and more breathable. It is good for internal plasterwork and for use on soft backgrounds such as cob, soft stone or friable material. Adding hair to the mix adds extra tensile strength to the plaster. This is particularly important if you are using it for lath plastering as the plaster doesn't adhere well to the timber once dried. See our LATH AND PLASTERING user guide for more information.
**If you are ordering a large quantity to arrive by pallet, please advise us of any site or access restrictions at the time of ordering. Please be aware that delivery will be via a nationwide pallet service that will not provide a crane offload. See our delivery terms and conditions for more details.**